Saturday, March 8, 2014

Starting point

Just to start, a tiny intent declaration.

I want to experiment the software development environment provided by Pharo Smalltalk, including some libraries and tools.
The main goal is to get acquainted with some tools I know only loosely, get back programming fluency which I somewhat lost during the last year, and hopefully make some little contributions to the Pharo ecosystem.
I have an application in mind, a digital version of a laboratory book, which could help people to gather and organise the notes and logs taken by scientist, like my wife who works on biochemistry stuff.

The aim of this blog is to record and log my experiences working in Pharo. It is mainly for personal use. Nonetheless, I want to include some bits of documentation, comments and (maybe even) insight about tools and classes included in Pharo, which could be useful to others, specially given that the documentation around the Pharo ecosystem is usually quite poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment